Yah, I know... long time inbetween blogs.. but really.. when you aren't running, how much can a girl have to say?
I've been trudging in and out of physio and pilates appointments lately. It seems I now have "Runners Knee". My physio ( a petite, fine boned, three months pregnant woman) has been macerating my IT band and right thigh with what feels like the POWER OF A THOUSAND PHYSIOS in her hands. I've been weekly sweating it out on her table trying my best not to cry like a little girl as she cracks jokes with other physio's and tells me about her dog.
You gotta admire that in a person. Dedication to fixing you inspite of the disgusting face you must me making as you do your best to deal with the pain that feels like your femur is about to break.
THE POWER OF A THOUSAND PHYSIO'S!!!!
Today the pain, which usually sticks to the area she's working on, started to circle my lower thigh. As she was doing her best to loosen up my stubbornly tense muscles, I imagined how she might prepare for each of my sessions. There is no natural way she has this strength. She must call on the powers of She-Ra (hello 80's cartoon ref) at her table. I can see her standing there- wide leg stance and arms raise sky ward -
"I CALL ON THE POWER OF SHE- RA !! I CALL THE POWER OF A THOUSAND PHYSIOS!!!"
Then, infused with this supernatural muscle, she peaks her dainty blonde head around the door frame, smiles at me and calls me in for my session.
And while this is painful, I do not cry or whine or say anything at all. Little does she know, I have the power of the Farm Stock Cave Woman.
See... it has been theorized that Neanderthals use to regularly endure a fair bit of injury like broken fingers and legs and were able to just deal with it and move on. That they didn't feel the pain as intensely as we do now.
If any of you have seen my natural eyebrow(s)... you see my Cro Magnon ways.
So each week Super Physio and Farm Stock face off to see who gives.. the broken femur or the cry of pain.
I keep winning.
Today though, the physio did try "needling" with me. It seems this has been helpful in releasing the muscles and helping with IT band issues. It's kind of like acupuncture but not fully it. So today I laid on a table with a handful of tiny needles in my thigh trying to make a dent in my problems. I made the mistake of tensing the muscles once while they were in and that was when I finally felt the needles. SO... don't do that if you try this in the future.
So... yeah.. my leg is now quite tender and bruises are forming from the knee up to the top of the thigh.
Spinach and feta pie tonight!! Wooo!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wasn't it the power of Greyskull they called on?
I hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Post a Comment