Well I haven't written much because I haven't done much. The old wonky knee has made me rather ....... immobile. So after yesterdays stellar pilates class (FINALLY!!) I sauntered in for my physio appointment today.
Aimee already knew (clunk- why is Jim doing hand stands against the wall? All I see are is booted feet going up and down and I can hear him grunting).....
Aimee was already aware of the fact that I was seeing her about my knee so after I described the problem in further detail she prodded around the knee cap pushing it around and then marched her "thumbs of death" up the outer side of my right thigh. A foreshadow of what was to come....
She tells me that my knee cap isn't tracking right (all that click click click I had gotten) and that the inside muscles around the knee aren't strong enough and the outer muscles and IT band are tight.
Apparently this is a very common ailment for runners?
Then started the THUMB OF DEATH walk (except she used her elbows) up my leg causing so much pain I actually grimaced and whinged about it. These sessions usually cause me to sweat more than anything I do in pilates. Which I guess is about right... STILL .. it feckin hurts.
As she is macerating my leg... she tells me she is pregnant! "Congratulations!!" , I cheer to her and then, in between the tears I am shedding from the pain, we chat about her pregnancy . I'm pretty excited for her. She seems to be very happy herself and I guess... a bit of the glow going on there too.
Man- EVERYONE is having babies.
The end result of the physio appointment is - she taped up my knee and told me to keep that on for a few days (ripe knee here I come!) and gave me an exercise to do, put me back on the runners bench for a few weeks (I'll be back into it right around Glasshouse )... and that's it.
I wanted to then walk home from the city but after I found my way down to the bike path.. I find out it's closed for construction work and when I asked what the detour was (go back up to the street and then cross at the light.. go several blocks and you know that street?? ... then next one over... )
I thought.. EFF it.. I'll take the train home and walk another day.
So that was my physio appointment. Now to find that tennis ball.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment