Friday, August 15, 2008

An Introvert in an Extrovert World

Wellllllll Its true! Badger forbid a person be able to keep to themselves rather than be forced to socialize.

But that is neither here nor there... in fact that has nothing to do with now.. but it was something I was thinking about earlier. There's a bunch of extroverts out there badgering the few introverts there are into being grouchy socialites. You only have yourselves to blame.

Olympics.... what is this velodrome crap? Didnt we already have cycling? Why do we need to be indoors? I dig the Olympics... but really... if you think about it.. some of these things are no longer modern athleticism. I don't see how dressage works... or ...this velodrome stuff.. Even archery.. well.. I guess not really a whole lot of it fits. We should have Olympic free running.. you know.. the stuff where they're running up the side of a building and through city scapes. It's facinating to watch yeah. Imagine those guys running through Beijing.

Today was a bit of a bust. I was going to stay home and do nothing but the dinkus's upstairs are having all this work done on their apt and so all morning it's sawing and drilling and NOISE.. and the tradies were all chatting outside my door and I couldn't rest with all that bru ha ha crap going on.

So I cleaned up and went into the city thinking I could grab a coffee and a comfy chair somewhere and do some reading.. NOPE.. The city was buzzing and all the chairs were taken. So I wandered with my friend on her lunch break from lunch to bank to bank to bank and then I went up and checked out her new office. Attempted to crack a few jokes with a few lawyers.

Throughout my footin it through the city, my knee was acting up. It feels swollen and like it's retaining water. Just my right knee though. It aches all around the knee cap and even to the back of the knee. Sigh.. I want it to go away because I don't want to go see the physio anymore.

I came home and sat down. Consoled myself with an A&W cream soda and a 3 Muskateers.

No running today.. I think I'm half grouchy.
OH but I got an interesting new book to read. So now I want to finish the Pirates! book so I can read the Flashman one.

1 comment:

Raj Arumugam said...

Ceej
I've been on other blog sites and it's refreshing to read your blog with local lingo (tradies,etc...)
Cracking a joke with lawyers? That must have been tough!