This time last year I was in the States and looking for the nearest air conditioner. This year I'm freezing here in Straya. As I type I hover over a candle hoping to keep my frozen fingers moving so that I might finish my blog post for you dear readers ( all 4 of you).
I went for a run this morning!! Got up late and headed off for a trot along Coro with hubby around 9am. Since I've been slack with my recovery and since I am in recovery, it was to be an easy run. Well, I've lost so much fitness that there is no such thing as an easy run. I swear I'm back to square one.
It was to be a few 500 meter bits with walking in between. After a few warm up jogs (gah it was freeezing out!!) we did our stretching at the boat ramp. I intended to time each of the 500 m runs because I wanted to see where I was at fitness wise. I hope to run my first 10 k run under 60 minutes.
From the 000 mark to the 500 mark it took me 3:00:24. Ugh- kinda slow. It felt slow though. Just taking it easy. From the 1000 mark to the 1500 mark it took 2:58:58. A little better. The run from 2000 back to 1500 went a fair bit faster still.... 2:47:16. I was kind of surprised with that one and chalked it up to the bit where I ran down hill. All things move faster going down hill. The last 500m from the 1000 to the 500 mark felt more strained. Jim pulled away and ran faster, no longer trotting by my side. My stomach was starting to hurt and I felt like I was running slower than before but when I stopped my timer and looked down.. it read 2:44:32. No way. The rest of the way home was a discussion about how the run felt. I think I was just warming up, which leads me to believe that I can run under 3 minutes for my 500 m bits. I just need to keep doing that and do it 20 times over.
Easier said than done. I have high hopes for me though.
The rest of the day kind of ran past me though. As soon as we got home we had to shower and get ready to go. Our friends were coming over and we were all going to head off and bbq at a park for lunch. I really wanted to sit down and write this blog but it had to wait. People get touchy if I pay more attention to my computer than to them. Sha.
A quick stop at Coles for more food and we were then on our way to the park. It was pretty crowded there but we managed to find a quiet spot near the river away from the crowds of screaming people. Literally screaming into megaphones . FtW people? Take it easy.
It became a long afternoon though when lunch turned to afternoon tea and jenga war. Then a movie at our friends place. So here I am now finally blogging. Its been a lovely day though.Don't get me wrong and I'm lucky to have the next two days off as well. I think lately I've become grouchy with my time wanting to be alone when I feel like it. Gotta remind myself that being a good friend overrides my mood sometimes.
Anyways... cant wait to get out for another run now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Those times are not too shabby. Once you've built your fitness up I don't think you'll have a problem doing sub-60 10km
I agree with Blair. If you can gradually extend the distance, while keeping the same pace, you'll be doing 6 minute kilometres. Some quite fast runners train at slower than 6 minute kilometres.
Well done!
Top work - keep it going.
Post a Comment