This morning, walking to the train station (after so long) it was sooooo creepy out. It was 5:30 am and with the thick fog the only lights were the halos of the street lamps. It's about a 5 minute walk to the station and I was jumping at every sound. At first I liked that there was no one else around but then I thought it wasn't so good with no one around. This is when the werewolf jumps out and eats me. Or when Jack the Ripper slices me up. It wasn't much better when I got to the station and there was no one there. Completely empty.I thought maybe I'd gotten there too early. I checked my watch- 5:40 am. No...it's the right time. Did they change the train schedule on me and now there's no 5:50 train?
I sat down on the bench and waited and after a few minutes other people started to show up. All men but at least I wasn't the only one. Stomping through the city at 6 am is kind of freaky as well.I charged through Queen Street and made my way to the only decent coffee shop open at that hour. Grabbed a coffee and then went off to wait for my bus.
I can't wait to get the car back.
After work I headed right over to the physio. It wasn't until I was at the bus stop that I realized my appointment was in an hour and a half not an hour like I had thought. It takes only 20 minutes to get from the hospital to the gabba bus station. I had no idea how I was going to kill an hour until we pulled up to the station and I remembered that there was a Gloria Jeans. SCORE! About 45 minutes of java and reading my new magazine (finally showed) I skipped off across many lanes of traffic to the physio.
This time she repeated the bendy leg lifty thing. Looked at my legs laying down and said they they were even again. (WHAT?) I didn't even know they were uneven, but apparently they were off by about 3 cm. It seems my exercises were working. Lead Thumb then proceeded to bore through my soft tissue again. She hit on the old spots but then started getting onto new ones. I have no idea how anyone so tiny can get so much force into her hands. I was biting my hands this time to take my mind off the pain.
I brought up pilates as a way to get stronger for running. She agreed and thought that it'd be worth doing now. So I signed up for my first one on one session on Monday. Apparently the woman whose teaching is the same one that instructs all the Lions players. Good enough for me.
So that's that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You should have given me a call and I could have had a coffee with you.
What's your pilates instructor's name? I used to go to Leanne and she's fantastic.
Well I had no idea you were near by. My instructors name is Sofia or Sonia or something like that.
I'm back over there early afternoon next monday and tues. Let me know if you want to get a coffee.
Post a Comment