It is. Its funny how people are. You can live in this little bubble of personal perception of the world around you and not even realize how others are taking your moving through their personal bubbles. If you aren't aware that you're upsetting someone, how can you know to be aware of that?
Something could be said, but not everyone takes that well. "Hello, I have put my entire day on hold waiting for you to show up and yet you haven't called to tell me you are running late- again".
That bugs me. At least call. At least try to understand that things aren't about you. Let me get on with my day.
I don't even want to smooth those ruffled feathers.
Why is communication so hard? Why can't people just say exactly what they mean? Why do we have to analyze every word used? I guess we have ourselves to blame. Pretty much all of literature is built on the multiple meanings of words, and being civilized means mastering double speak. Appearing to like someone and being nice when you're really being a bitch.
Now you can't speak bluntly and straightforward without upsetting someone who wants to hear the soft lie.
This weekend has been nice though. We've spent the last several weekends running around a lot. I think we both wanted to stay home and do a whole lot of not much. Saturday was mildly failed when we took off to get an x box worked on and then today our big trip was to go do a shop. Beyond that it's been relatively low key.
We'll see how things go tonight though. I might have to do damage control.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment