Well after an unexpectedly busy day at work where I was bounced back into the food lab to do the plate counts and subbing, I had my first new physio appointment. This time it was at QSMC and the physio was a woman. I was a little late because the bus was late and I had trouble finding the place.
Once I did and was all paperworked in, the physio brought me back to have a look. To begin with, her assessment was way more thorough than the previous guy. I was doing all sort of bendy leg lifty things as she watched my hips. Then she started pushing on EVERYTIHING . All I could think of was 1. that hurts and 2. I wish I'd gone to the bathroom before I got there. Instead of just looking at my joints though she was poking and prodding my muscles too. Her assessment was that- yes, I do have a sacroiliac problem but that I also have issues with the left front hip and thigh muscles and the right back bum and back muscles. My hips are twisting.
This tiny little woman then proceeded to dig her bony little elbows and tiny thumbs into various muscles in the affected regions which led to a lot of pain (and very little whimpering) on my part. I am a very tense little mess.
Good god it hurt! In the end, she gave me a tennis ball to lay on, exercises to build strength, and an invitation to the bench. No running. At best, I'm back to walking.
I have already taken permanent marker and written "CJ THERAPY" on my tennis ball. This is so the hubsand does not confiscate it for his own amusement. I think he's already lost it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Already I am loving your blog :) *beating you about the head so you will not drop off*
Do your exercises! If you don't I will know about it and i will punish you!
oh yeah? how? show me your hairy butt?
Post a Comment