Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I got a List of Demands

I feel like being grumpy on a sofa with Serge having a beer. Hubsand has gone out on a run on coro without me. Normally I have to drag him fighting and kicking to go with me. Now he's taking off without me. He's also gone on to say he's thinking of entering the J2J 10k run if we go up that weekend.

What?

He had no interest in any of this running stuff and now he's surpassing goals my goals before I get a chance to even train for them. I know I'm being whingy. I know I'm being a baby.

Still, one of the reasons I started this running thing was to have something of my own. Ever since I moved down here, my identity was entirely wrapped up in being Mrs. ****. I did nothing without hubsand, and even the only 2 friends I have made since being here were his friends. Hubsand eventually thought that I needed to find something of my own and make friends of my own. Which is true. Before I crossed the Pond I lived very independantly and had my own little world that took care of me. My friends, My time, My hobbies. Very me me me.


I don't know. I feel very agitated and I'm sure I'm being a douche. I'm just confused I think. As nice as the past two years have been I think they also have very much so messed with my identity.

I should be happy for him. I will be happy for him.

4 comments:

Blair said...

You just spent the whole weekend with YOUR friends!

ceej said...

you guys are my friends?

Bellthorpe said...

I thought we were your friends. Are you trying to tell us something?

ceej said...

I didn't want to make any assumptions.