Monday, July 28, 2008

"I was not aware I had to use that muscle"

Other than a disastrous start to the work week, wherein we lose one more coworker and there by significantly increasing the hours and workload of everyone- I had my second pilates class today.

I think I took it for underestimated how hard this would be. I was thinking light airy happy dancer moves.

NUH UH.

I have to concentrate and really focus to get myself to use the right muscles. Those damn hip flexors just wont rest. So of course this leads to a very slow progression through the exercises. I do, however feel ok about the fact that she's constantly checking to see if I'm doing the whole thingamadoo correctly. I can't even switch off the right neck muscles. I feel like I am on the verge of pulling some very hidden bum muscles.

So I'm working my way through injury through pilates, ok. And in all these maneuvers that I am learning- I'll fix my running, help deal with my tension headaches, and over all have better posture.

Why isn't everyone doing it? What about all those everyday people who arent doing anything? I don't get it. How can you do that? Nothing?? My boss just works and plays poker.
I think I'd end it all if that was my life.

Maybe I've been listening to too much rock and roll.

3 comments:

Blair said...

There's no such thing as too much rock n roll

Bellthorpe said...

With all that Pilates, I'm looking forward to seeing a very balanced and 'together' runner ...

ceej said...

You and me both BT

You and me both.