After having Monday off, I schlep my way into work this morning only to remember that I have an audit assessment to do today. I am not ready for it and I spent no time thinking about it this past weekend. Well crap.Not what I feel like doing today. So I start cramming for it and try to figure out how the hell I'm going to get a 3 hour procedure done 3 different ways done in 2 hours. Not to mention the confirmation tests. Lucky for me though, I find out later in the morning that my assessment has been put off as my instructor is ill until further notice. Woo!!
After a now slow day at work and finding a new physio for my hip , I come home with a need. A need for speed. I slap on the running shoes and head out the door after an early afternoon snack of Starbursts. I should have figured that its not the best thing to eat before a run but you never know what you can get away with. This run I was going to start running times and not distances. I thought that given the hip pain I've had over the past week and that I haven't run in as long , I should take it easy. I'll run till I need to stop. That lasted all of 4 minutes and 41 seconds. Not even to the 1km mark on the road. My abdomen was killing me and my hip was acting up. On the way back in I only managed to run for 4 minutes and 33 seconds. OH THE SHAME!! To compound things I think I saw one of the better women runners of Brisbane out there too. It was kind of embarassing trotting past this lady who had run a full marathon just 2 days before. As I got near the city cat dock, a foreign woman stopped me to ask questions about Brisbane transit ("is this the cih tee cat? Can i use my boos teeket?"). And in those 10 seconds I was standing there my hip went to pot. I couldn't support myself on that leg and sharp pains were shooting down to my knee. I hobbled up past the bus stop and limped all the way to Toowong where I tried a little bit of a trot again. There is a good chance Quasimodo was more elegant than I. So I managed 2 small jogs back home where I plopped down in a chair next to Jim , unhappy with the run. We came to the conclusion that 1. I had let myself down by not keeping up with my exercises for my hip and 2. It probably didn't help things that I had taken so much time off of running as well.
As I got up to get showered off, my hip and leg completely gave out on me. I couldn't straighten it or stand on it without the whole thigh hurting. Bent over, I made it to the laundry room and managed to get on with things.
If I go see this physio on Thursday and he tells me the same thing the other guy did, well then I'll definately know that all this pain is my own fault. I hate though, that I have to do so much stretching and pre/post run exercises. Why cant I just run??
Still no bow and arrow.
Ps. I love water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Do you exercises! Consistently!
Post a Comment