Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Try 1001 at blogging

Alright,

So I start a ton of blogs but never maintain them. Don't be surprised if I drop off again.

I'm trying this again because I've had a few run in's with some great writers. Several that I've told they should keep writing, or get back to it.(Hubsand, Serge, balri) I've also known a few prolific writers that I find inspiring when reading their stuff (I'm looking at you Diva for one, Freak as well).

I want this to be part running blog, cause I should see where I've come from and where I want to go; and part just life blog. I think I take it for granted that what ever it is I'm doing here in Australia isn't interesting to others. I also have a major problem putting anything of myself out there to be seen. And while I might be crap socially in real life, I seem to do better through the interwebz.

I spent the past weekend at the Gold Coast watching what has to be the biggest marathon race in Australia. In spite of a hip injury that makes running painful,I've set a goal for the next year to have run several 10 kilometer races and to try and enter the Gold Coast half marathon. I just need to fix my hip. I know I can do it. I'm not out to win any races but I like the idea of being able to compete with myself and to see what I can do as an athlete. Since college I always missed that competition and training vibe I got from rowing. I have a theory that many athletes get to see things most people don't get to see just because athletes are out there and a part of the environment.

On top of running, and who knows when this'll happen, I'll be picking up archery. For my birthday Jim said he'd buy me my own bow and arrow kit. I'm looking at a recurve bow and I like the patience and pricision that I think is part of archery. However, Jim has yet to actually buy me my bow and arrows. He want to wait until we can go to an archery club where I can try different types so he knows what to get me.I just want to get started.

This is about where I'll stop. I think that's enough for me for now. Maybe more will come. I need to try and stay on top of this. If I drop off you all are more than welcome to smack me about the head and tell me to write.

1 comment:

Blair said...

Great stuff. Don't worry, I'll make sure you keep blogging!